Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Under LockeUnder Locke by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 frigging stars!!!



"I can't ignore this shit between us anymore, and I'm not gonna. Not when it makes so much sense"



Iris is a nice, quiet person, she didn't had a normal childhood. After his dad, a former member of the Widowmakers MC left her family, she and her mom got sick. After her mom died, Iris had to take care her little brother Will.



After losing her job and being nearly bankrupt, Iris moves to Austin, TX to live with her half brother Sonny, who is part of the Widowers MC. Sonny gets Iris a job at Pins and Needles, a tattoo parlor, not really her dream job, but she is really trying to see the bright side. The only thing Iris didn't consider was Dexter Locke, her rude new boss with a very short temper, member of the Widowmakers MC and hot and sexy as hell....



"His broad shoulders and thickly veined forearms were more than enough to make a girl stare. Because his face... Jesus, shit. Jesus. Shit.



I was going to ask Santa for his good identical twin for Christmas"




Iris hear him talking bad of her on the phone, so Iris decides she's going to do her work and give him the cold shoulder treatment (her calling him "The Dick" in her head was funny). Things get dangerous for Iris because of some stuff her father did so she ends up stuck with Dex as protector while things cool down. Their relationship evolves and she see a different side of Dex....



Dex's fingers extended to where the palm covered all of the back of my neck and his fingers wrapped around most of my throat. "My ma used to tell me you have to fight through some shitty ass days to get to the best days of your life. So I’m tellin’ you now, that you gotta hang in there. I swear to you, after this shit is over, you’re not gonna have to worry about him ever again.” His thumb dug deep into my flesh.



I made a noise that sounded like I was dying. “Oh Dex.”



“Babe, you’re the sweetest little girl I’ve ever met. You deserve better than this broken heart bullshit.” His fingers kneaded the muscles on my neck. “If I ever see that beautiful face cryin again
over somethin’ that worthless sack of shit did, I’m gonna make your daddy regret ever meetin’ your ma, you got it?”




Of course, things gets more serious between them and you can imagine the combination of short tempered and jelous Dex...



“Baby, there’s nothing wrong with my judgment. I know exactly what I’m doin’, and I know damn well that if I ever see you smile at somebody like you did at Trey today, I’ll kill the poor bastard.”

“Dex!”

“I’m not jokin’. I don’t ever wanna see that shit ever again so unless you want me goin’ to jail for murderin’ somebody, quit it,” he stated, not blinking, not breathing, totally focused."




A lot of sexy as hell scenes in there too!...



"He bit down again before nuzzling the line of my jaw. "You're mine." His lower body pressed into my stomach. Hard, he was so hard. "Your mouth, your face, your ass, your pussy, Ritz. You're all mine."



All the book is written in Iris POV, it's fun to be in her head, sometimes sad when she remember her life as a teen, but her silly "that's what she said" jokes were fun... Seriously this book had me since the first word. It's a long book, very detailed, but not in a boring way.



So, in this book we have a hot biker with a short temper and super possessive of his lady, a super fun and likable heroine who likes to give a piece of her mind to a super hot alpha... what's not to LOVE!

Unfortunately there's no news for a second book of this author, I was really hoping to read Sonny's or Trip's story!

View all my reviews