Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Book Review - Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley



One of my favorite authors definately is Kristen Ashley, she writes the best badass-alpha males  heroes and fun-kickass heroines, and her books always have a very interesting plot and super funny supporting characters.  The problem with her books is that are usually VERY LONG, but it's definaltely worth the time you  spent reading a KA book.

Last week I have the opportunity to read ROCK CHICK, the book one in the ROCK CHICK SERIES by this author and I have to say this book is soooo worth 5 stars!

Ok, first of all, I still don't know how I spent all this time without reading this Kristen Ashley's book!... This is one of the best books of this author, still my favorites are Sweet Dreams, Motorcycle Man and Own the Wind, but for me this one deserves to be on the top 5 KA's best books.

"Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).

Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart."

There are some things that I always like from KA's books, like I said, cool heroines, super hot alpha male and badass heroes, fun and crazy supporting characters, hot steamy scenes, lots of action and mysteries to solve, and this book covers them all.

Indy is super fun to read, a little bit silly and her friends are ... weird, but funny weird.  Lee is.... badass, hot super alpha, possessive and the list can go on...and there's a bunch of others badasses too!.  The only thing I would suggest is, I think there could be more interaction between those two, not like they don't interact (wink wink) but I missed a little bit of drama in their relationship, like real drama not Indy's made up drama, but that was fun.

“We aren’t finished yet,” he told me.

“Yes we are,” I retorted.

Lee’s crinkles disappeared and his face got serious.

“This is happening between you and me,” he threatened.

I wasn’t entirely sure what “this” meant since he announced to his mother and sister that we were “together”. Considering what I did know was that a goodly part of it involved us being naked, in his bed, participating in activities which required my avid participation, I wasn’t going to have any part of it.

“No, it isn’t,” I snapped back.

“We’ll talk about it later.”

“No, we won’t.”

His eyes narrowed. “Do I need to kiss you again?”

I took a hasty step back and watched my toe draw a pattern in the carpet.

“No,” I muttered.

“Christ, I need to get my head examined.” 

My head snapped up.

“What does that mean?” I asked angrily.

“Nothin’. Be here when I get back.”

“Sure.”

Not on his life.

As any other KA's books, this book is super long, but it's so entertaining to read that really the time flies by when you read it, at least it was like that for me!

If you are into books with kickass heroine, hot alpha hero and a bunch of fun supporting characters, then this bok is a must read for you.