Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Review - Windows by Emily Minton






4 STARS!!!

I liked this story so much that I couldn't put the book down until I finished reading. It's a beautiful, sweet story about true love.

This is the story of Lucas and Lindy, along with Tara, they've been friends since there were kids. Everything change in High School since Lucas is the school quarterback and Lindy is the nerd chubby girl, and since nobody likes her, he doesn't speak to her at school, but he still climbs trough her window every night to spend time with her…

"Tara and Lucas are my only friends. In fact, they are the only people who even talk to me. Well, Lucas only talks to me when we are at home. But, at least he doesn't pick on me at school like everyone else does.
Lucas and I grew up together. We've lived next door to each other our entire lives. Our moms have been best friends since before we were even born. Our dads were both cops and were partners for years, but my dad was shot during a routine traffic stop. I was only nine at the time."


Ok at this point I was like “OH GO TO HELL LUCAS!”, but then I kept reading and he explain to her stuff and I was like “ok, that makes sense” I mean High School can be brutal, right?...

So Lindy is in love with Lucas since she can remember, but right before they go to college, something happens, he broke her heart and she left. 

“The next morning, Mom helps me pack my stuff into Tara's car. She gives me a hug, and I climb in. We are just pulling out of the driveway when Lucas comes running out his front door.
"Lindy! Wait!" he screams.
I look over at Tara and shake my head. We drive away, and I don’t even look back.” 


4 years later, she’s back in town and he’s decided to be close to her again and prove her he’s changed:

"Visions of Lucas and his friends laughing at me fill my head. I try to shake them away, but I cannot get rid of them. "You did it before."
"Damn it, Lindy. I was barely eighteen when I did that shit. I'm not a stupid kid anymore. I am a grown ass man. I would never do something like that to you again." He blows out a breath. "Fuck baby, you’ve got to give me a chance. Please, let me prove myself to you." 


But this is not just a story about love and friendship, there’s also a touch of suspense with a crazy man lose in town.

"Break-ins in Warrington?" I had never heard of anything like that ever happening here. Sure, kids would pull a few pranks every once in a while. Occasionally my dad or Paul would get called out on a domestic violence case, but that was it. Yes, my dad got murdered, but everyone thinks that was someone just passing through.
Tara nods. "Not normal break-ins either. Whoever is doing it doesn’t steal anything. They just break all the mirrors in the house. The papers call him the Mirror Man." 


Oh and there’s a lot of steamy scenes in there too!

“I look down into her eyes and smile. "Damn, Lindy. I missed you so fucking much."
She stops laughing. I can’t read the expression on her face, but I can tell that she is thinking about something. "I missed you too," she whispers.
I promised myself that I was going to take this slow, but I just can’t wait any damn longer. I bring my lips to hers and place a soft kiss on them. I pull back because I don’t want to scare her off, but she follows my mouth. I can’t stop myself. I kiss her deeper this time. My tongue explores her mouth. I can taste the popcorn and butter, but mostly I just taste her, and she tastes amazing. She pushes her body up into mine, and my cock climbs my zipper all the way to the top button, the denim going tight, painful. Rubbing against her makes it worse, far worse. All I want is to be inside her heat. Now. Right fucking now. " 


AND, as you can read, the book is from dual POV, so we get to understand better their actions.

Great book, great story, great characters, suspense and action… Highly recommended!