Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Review - Crossing the Line by Kele Moon





5 STARS!!!





This book is simply AMAZING!

Honestly, my favorite book of the Battered Hearts Series was [book:Star Crossed|14759652] because there’s a lot of action, although I prefer Clay and Melody's relationship in [book:Defying the Odds|13114255], but definitely Crossing the line is, for me, the greatest book of the series so far!.

This is the story of Tabitha and Wyatt, and if you’ve read the 2 previous books of the series you may know she left town and Wyatt was devastated.  I kind of hate her without knowing what their story was, but this book was so sweet and their love was so perfect, it was so worth the angst I felt while reading.

I loved it because you get a glimpse of their life since they were kids, although there were a lot of sad moments to read in there:

"He glanced up when he sensed Tabitha looking at him. He followed her line of sight, seeing that she was eyeing the cookies in his hand. Thinking quick, he offered them to her. “You want ’em?”
“Really?” Tabitha’s eyes widened. She turned to Clay, and the two of them had a strange sort of silent exchange, because his eyes were wide too. Then she turned back to Wyatt. “Ain’t ya gonna miss ’em?”
Wyatt shrugged. “Naw.”
“But I ain’t got anything to trade, and—”
Wyatt frowned when Clay cut her off by kicking her foot. He was just about to say something when Tabitha snatched the small stack of cookies wrapped in cellophane out of his hand.
“Thank you.” She held them close to her chest, sort of reminding Wyatt of the way Jules used to hold her baby dolls when she was younger.
Weird."

You read how their love starts to blossom and it starts to get intense:

Wyatt’s voice became warm and affectionate. “I’ve loved you since kindergarten. I saw that bright red hair across the room and I thought, ’someday I’m gonna marry that girl.’”
Tabitha rolled her eyes as they walked out the front of the store. “You’re delusional.”
“You wanna go make out in my truck for ten minutes?”

Super sweet and funny, and there’s a lot of hot moments in there too, like a lot:

“I don’t think it was perfect. It was quick and messy and not at all how I pictured it. I need more time.” Wyatt pushed up, making his massive biceps bunch as he looked down at her in concern. “Once’s not gonna cut it, Tab.”

And most important, you get to know the reason why she left, but I’m not explaining that part with an excerpt of the book, I prefer to tell that while I was reading I was a mess, crying with Tabitha and thinking why things were so unfair for her.

Oh and there's another thing, you can see how Wyatts and Clay's friendship started:

“You can’t go. We’re supposed to be buddies.”
“I’d rather go with the state.”
“Nah, that ain’t true.”
Clay gave him a dark look that said in no uncertain terms that it was true, but Wyatt’s theory was if he kept reminding Clay enough times of their new friendship, eventually he would forgive him.
“I said I was sorry ’bout a million times.”
“Whatever.” Clay turned back and sat at the table with a fresh plate of eggs. “I ain’t gonna be your friend. No way."

Do I recommend this book?... TOTALLY, you need to put it on top of your TO READ list!!!... you won’t regret it.