Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Her Boss The AlphaHer Boss The Alpha by K.S. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3 - 3.5 ALPHA STARS

Ok, where to start with this one. To be totally honest I'm not a big fan o paranormal books, I mean, aside of the Twilight series I don't have much experience in the genre, so I tried to read this one with an open mind. So why I decided to read this one?... well the first two things that caught my attention were the title and the cover, yep I was like "Alpha AND Boss in the title?, PLUS a hot cover?, COUNT ME IN!"... YES, I have to admit, I'm a hot cover whore *blush*... after that I read the description and I was like "mmm paranormal?" and the I saw that it was a short read so I was like "Let's do this!"

So Jake, The Alpha, is Lauren's boss, she's been working for him for a year, she's a hard worker and basically has no life. He's a businessman AND a werewolf, and of course he wants to claim her as his. Ok being honest, I LOVE this concept of claim her, so I was enjoying the book so far. Back to the story, she feels him watching her every time, making her uncomfortable.

“What is that guy’s problem?” She muttered to herself. “Why is he always staring, leering even at me?”

She ends up stuck with him due to a situation with her car and he ask her to join him for diner as a payment for his help, and basically the dialogue between them gets pretty intense.

“Let me feed you and when we finish, if you want to, I’ll take care of your other needs.”

WHAT?! At this point I was thinking "This is going to be the fastest mating I've heard about", but again, I have not so much experience in this genre, so I reminded myself to keep an open mind.

THEN we get to the juicy part (no pun intended) the sex scenes, which are SUPER HOT!... I mean no wonder he is an Alpha, because he is plain hot and domineering.

He pushed her thighs apart and kissed the soft flesh of her inner thighs, she watched him down the length of her body, her fingers knotted in the sheet beneath her. “I want to taste you, I’ve wanted to taste you since the Moment I first saw you.” His blue eyes were intent on hers as his tongue worked slowly from the well of her vagina up to the sensitive bundle of nerves. Lauren nearly came off the bed.

The story develops and it gets interesting when Lauren is caught up in his world, given a different sense to the story, and that's all the details I'm going to share of this one, but overall it's an enjoyable, sexy reading.

View all my reviews