Thursday, May 29, 2014

GatorGator by Bijou Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 intense stars!!!

See, the first thing I need to say about this book is, this is not a typical romance novel, it can'tbe with the 2 principal characters being as damaged as they are, but I did like it. Why?... well, I'm a junkie for books where there's two people figthing to have a chance, to find a happy ending, against all odds, and this book fits the description perfectly.

The principal characters live in a world full of darkness, Gator is a contract killer with a very troubled past, and Mia, she's and abused child, her parents were trash and use her for their own benefits. She's part of his next target, but when he sees her through her rifle scope, he sees something in her and he wants to keep her with him. He soon realizes that she's not a normal girl, she's a bit slow understanding things, but he wants her still, even more because he wants to protrect her.

In Mia's eyes, he's her savior, her protector and her chance at happiness, she's used to people use her and tell her what to do, but Gator, Jake for her, is different in her eyes, not the troubled man, not a killer, he's her light. She'll do anything to keep him with her.

Cradling Mia's face in my hands, I whisper, "Did you forget who you are?"
The fear and pain her eyes rip me until I want to rip Vic limb from limb. She nods while tugging gently at my shirt.
"What do they call me?" I ask.
"Gator."
"Does a man like me share his woman?"
Mia shakes her head. "I'm yours."
"Yes."
"I'm sorry I forgot".


This story may not be sweet or funny, but like I said, it's intense, full of hope and with two people looking for a chance to be happy, to find redemption and they will fight anything to get it.

With a few grammar mistakes, but if you look past those, it's absolutely worth it!

View all my reviews