Thursday, May 15, 2014

First Chance (Rock Romance #1)First Chance by A.L. Wood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 rocking stars!

I added this one long time ago and I never had the chance to read it, I guess it got lost among all the other books on my TO READ list, but then I got it for free at Amazon and read it AND I liked it very very much. Maybe I was craving some drama, and this was exactly was I was looking for.

The story goes like this; Natalie is a girl who seems like what people call an "uppity bitch" (Steele's words not mine), she seems unapproachable from the outside, but everything is a facade, she's actually very broken on the inside. She lost her parents a few years back and what she's trying to do is go through life without forming any bond that may cause her pain, so she remains unattached, except for her best friend Layla.

Then we have Ryan "Steele", the lead singer in "Steele's Army" a very famous rock band. Steele's life wasn't easy either so he's enjoys a lot his rock star lifestyle.

When they meet, he's offended by her tough exterior, basically with the fact that she seems unaffected by the band fame. He wants to break her, she tries to be strong and shows no weakness to him.

Basically that's the story, but add steamy scenes, great characters and you have an great reading time!

My favorite character was Liam, Ryan's best friend who apparently understands Natalie better that even Ryan. I'm sure there's an interesting story behind.

The worst part was the freaking cliffhanger at the end, so I'm reading the next part immediately!

View all my reviews