Saturday, August 23, 2014

Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1)Debt Inheritance by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 dark stars!!!

This one was recommendation of Sivy, she said “hope you like dark romances” and truly I'm not so much into them, I mean, I have a lot of those on my to read list, but it takes more time for me to finally decide to actually read it. So I read the blurb, saw the cover and completely imagine how this dark hero would be, so I jumped to read it and have to say, excellent recommendation Sivy, Thanks!

Nila Weaver is a fashion designer, sheltered all her life by her father and her brother, she’s shy and inexperienced in the men department, so when her father practically pushes her into the arms of the hot stranger who she assumes is an admirer of her work, she accepts the invitation immediately… little she knows that the stranger has a hidden agenda and his father knew it…

“I hated being lied to.
I hated even more believing those lies until the truth decided to come for me.
Turned out, I was never an individual; I was a possession to trade.
I was never unique; someone had lived my life many times before, never free, never whole.
My life was never mine.
My destiny was already written.
My story began the night he came for me.”


So the stranger?... yes, he is Jethro Hawk, a sexy man with a dark edge…

“I was a hunter. Skilled with both bow and arrow and gun. I stalked the weaker and slit their throats when they succumbed to my careful aim.
But sometimes I liked to... miss. I liked to give them a small window of safety, all while closing the noose when they didn't expect it.
I liked to play with my food.”


And well, as the title mentions, he inherited Nila, to do with her as he pleases, and he does, he likes toying with her, he wants to destroy her, break her, and he really enjoys it.

“Destroying my dress wasn’t enough? You had to steal my past too?” I held up a photograph of a half-naked Jethro holding my chin as he kissed me. That wasn’t based on my dateless life, but it was so lifelike, so true, so incontestable.
How did they make it so realistic?
Jethro shook his head, rolling his eyes. Locking his bike, he pocketed the keys before turning to face me. Dropping to his hunches in front, he whispered, “I not only stole your past. I’ve already stolen your future.”


Like I said, I’m not so into dark romances, but I started with this one and couldn’t put it down, the situations Nila was subject to where hard to read at some point but I kept reading to see how the things evolved…

The writing is so good, I like books told by dual POV because you get to undertsand the characters better, the only thing is there was not so much explanation about the reason of the debt, only that was something agreed byt the ancestors of both families, but I suppose we'll read it in the next book. It ends with a cliffhanger, but it didn’t left me with the feeling of being annoyed and desperate to read the next one, I mean I definitely want to read the next book, but I’ll wait patiently for it! :D

View all my reviews